Charlotte has undertaken extensive training with leading organisations including Nouveau training with industry specialist, Karen Betts, a.k.a The Queen of Brows. This training is for already-experienced technicians to further develop and enhance their skills and create different effects through the brow to suit the individual client requirements.
In addition, training has been successfully completed with Epibrow, who is recognised as one of the leading Training Academies in the UK, providing students with learning, experience and skills needed to succeed in semi permanent brows. Epibrow is a unique concept brought to brow artists throughout the UK by Louise Brannigan who is continuing developing innovative and cutting edge brow artistry techniques.
Microblading and colour theory training has been completed, which was followed by several case studies before certification to ensure natural brows are created to suit the individual requirements of the client.
Digital brow training has been completed to create powder brows using advanced techniques with the semi permanent make up machine to ensure natural brows are created. Also training for digital hair stroke brows, which is an alternative to microblading for a natural hairstroke brow.
You can be confident that treatments at Browlicious are undertaken by highly experienced and qualified technicians, giving you the natural brows you want in a safe and healthy process.
Yes, for insurance reasons all clients need a prick test at least 48 hours before the treatment.
During your initial consultation the following will be carried out:
- A consultation will be carried out to ensure there are no contra-indications.
- The treatment will be described and discussed to ensure the treatment is suitable.
- Any current brow issues will be discussed and an assessment of brow make up colours used, desired result, skin tone, face/eye shape will be carried out.
- From there, recommendations on design, colour will be made and agreed and if necessary marked out.
- Photos will also be taken for the records.
- If happy to proceed, an initial deposit and next appointment will be made.
- Please arrive to the first treatment makeup free (brows and foundation), mascara and eyeliner is fine.
- The consultation will be reviewed to ensure nothing has changed, current brow shape will be discussed and the desired brow shape and colour will be agreed to ensure all parties are happy to proceed.
- A topical numbing product will be placed on the area.
- After around 15-20 minutes the treatment will begin on the brow design, reapplying topical anaesthetic and assessing shape, skin condition etc throughout.
- When the treatment is complete all necessary aftercare will be given.
Discussions of brow make up colours used, desired result, skin tone and years of experience, training in colour mixing will devise a bespoke brow colour suited to the client.
The treatment is split into 2 appointments which are 4-6 weeks apart to allow for the healing process to complete. The initial treatment (foundation brow) will take from 90 to 120 minutes, and your second perfection appointment takes around 60-90 minutes.
This varies from person to person as everybody’s skin is different and retention of pigment there varies, but on average 18 months. A colour refresh is recommended on average every 12-18 months to keep the brows on point and fresh. If you choose not to do this then they will just fade off naturally. No nasty staining.
Training in infection control has to be undertaken and treatments followed and refreshed regularly to ensure registration with the council.
The majority of the equipment used e.g. Microblades are disposable, therefore disposed after each client. Anything that cannot be disposed of is sterilized following strict guidelines. In addition, a thorough consultation and patch test needs to be carried out at least 48 hours prior to the treatment.
An anaesthetic is used, this is a topical numbing cream. This is topped up regularly during the treatment to keep you comfortable. Microblading is an invasive treatment and therefore a scratching and stinging sensation may be felt.
Although there is no research to suggest this treatment would be detrimental, unfortunately you cannot have this treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
This can be discussed during your consultation.
Payment can be made via bank transfer or cash.
Book for a free consultation to discuss your requirements and desired results;
Microblade – Hair Stroke Brow
This technique uses the microblade and pigments to simulate hairs and create beautifully natural-looking eyebrows! The result is natural, softened hair strokes that are flattering to the whole face.
Digital Powder Brow Tattoo
Creates a more subtle, soft pencil or powder shadow effect through the brows, the powder brow technique closely mimics the appearance of more conventional brow makeup. This powder eyebrow tattoo technique is particularly popular with both blonde and more senior clients who wish to achieve gracefully arched and beautifully coloured, yet softly defined brows without the use of individual hair strokes – classic elegance!
Powder / Hair Stroke Combination Eyebrow Tattoo
For a fuller and more defined eyebrow, the above two eyebrow tattoo techniques may be successfully combined for a softly textured, defined look!